Meaning of Surah Al-Baqarah with Explanatory Notes by Kaleem Ullah Khan
21) O Human kind!1 Worship2 your Lord who created you and those gone before you3 so that you may become God fearing.4
22) Who has made the earth a couch5 (resting place) for you and the heavens6 as the canopy (Sheltering edifice) and sent down waters (rain, snow, hail etc) from the heavens, whereby He brought forth fruits as a provision for you. Therefore don’t set up rivals or partners unto Allah when you know.7
23) And if you are in any kind of doubt about what we have revealed to our servant i.e. (Muhammad PBUH) then bring forth a single Surah (chapter) like there-unto, call all your helpers and witnesses apart from Allah, if you are justified (in your allegations).8
24) If you cannot do it and never shall you be in a position to do it, then fear the fire (of Hell) whose fuel are humans and stones, prepared for such deliberate rejectors of faith.9
25) (O messenger PBUH) give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous deeds that for them are gardens beneath which follow steams.10 Every time they will be provided with heavenly fruits as a provision to enjoy they will say “This is same as we were provided before (in the worldly life)”, for they will be given things in resemblance11. Moreover for them will be therein Spouses12 pure and they will live there forever and ever.